Thursday, April 2, 2009

Shut the fuck up. Where's my cocktail?

What the fuck are some of my friends going to do? I'm talking about the late 20's and 30 somethings who skipped college and have been working in the restaurant biz for the last decade. Summer is the slow time around here (any guesses?), and things are going to get worse. If you think you're broke now... Anyway, it seems that at least a certain % have decided to make a run to campus and enroll to pursue their long lost dream. Really, this is hilarious to me. Watch a tattooed, balding 28 year old hit on some 21 year-old by telling her he's getting his nutrition degree - and tell me that's not funny. The reality is this: college was an investment you should have made a long time ago. Instead of promising yourself that Thanks Daddy State will certainly accept you after 2 lovely years of community college at High School With Ashtrays, maybe you should get a real job.

No comments: