Saturday, May 2, 2009

Yes, your job sucks... That's why we pay you.

Why the hell doesn't this make sense: There are shitty jobs in this world, but they need to be done and you agreed to do it for a set rate. Please do not complain to me about it, I don't fucking care and you're wasting my time. If you don't want to do the job, then quit; there are plenty of other people who are willing to do it for less pay. The reason I don't care is because you have had the same job for the past 5 years, and other than what appears to be estrogen based whining coming from a fully grown man and the frequent hangover caused absences, all of your actions show that you enjoy your job and are completely content.

The only reason why I am here talking to you now is because you are too incompetent to follow extremely clear instructions. For fuck's sake, there are pictures and everything! At this point, I am positive that if I gave you a child's Lego set, not only would you fail to complete the "pirate in a solid-fucking-plastic rowboat," but I am sure you would have broken the oars after trying to insert them into the gaping neck hole you created after removing the Lego man's head. You should just be happy that I would be watching you so I could give you the Heimlich maneuver once you started choking on the little plastic pirate hat.

It just so happens that it is 11:15 PM on Friday night, and the only reason I am here is to watch you perform a process. At this point, don't make jokes about how much more money I make than you because I am salary. If you didn't have a reputation for fucking this up, I could be out with my friend who visits from a foreign country only once every three to four years. As I mentioned, it is 11:15 PM on Friday, you get a weekend pay differential of 7%, a grave-yard shift differential of %13, and you are getting over time which is an additional 50% on top of that. At that rate, if we do the math on my extra hours and your extra hours on a yearly basis, you make more than me for fucking shit up.

Simply put, don't say a word that does not relate to exactly what you are supposed to be doing. I have a head ache, I have been here since 8:00 AM, and I have to wake up early so i can come back to work on my weekend so I can verify that you fucked up $50,000 of product once I left...

No comments: