Saturday, January 13, 2007

los gatos estan muertos en la estufa

MY FIRE

looking back through broken mirrors
memories in smoke and dust
hindsight and second guesses
burned with the fires of love lost
burried in the weight of regret
i broke so many trusts when
i tore myself away

no way to fix burned bridges
no way to turn back time
so easy to destroy this
so simple to throw away

and just because, i don't know how long it's been
since this kept me awake
staring at shadows on the wall
that the trafic lights make

no chance to rectify
some flames never die
throw away this fucked-up life
i've thrown it all away

one chance to walk away without
losing my dignity
every single one of them is burned into my side
remind me of past-tense
and time that i wasted
when i did other things but try

no matter how hard i tried to push you away
you came back with a smile
and that fucking look on your face

No comments: