Thursday, January 11, 2007

And now for the namesake, It Tastes Like Burning

IT TASTES LIKE BURNING

I burned my bridges
And a house that looked a lot like yours
Were you inside it?
Did you taste the flames?

Because I can’t love you anymore
I think it’s better that you die
I think I lied when I told you
I’d leave you alone this time

I’d tear my heart out
If only to see your face
I’d let you kill me
If you weren’t the enemy

Always I will remember the things you said to me
It’s not so sad when you’re crying
I’m not as weak as you think

I think I’ll kill myself
Wait, not me, you
My thoughts feel so scattered
I am so confused

Was this the life you had in mind?
Hateful visions all but left behind
The downward spiral of which you spoke
The dreams that you created
In lieu of promises broke

I can’t be you answers
And I wouldn’t if I could
I can’t create your questions
And I don’t think I should

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the guy who's site this is. Totally watch what you write here. This is no joke. Ninjas will kill you in your sleep if you write the wrong thing. In high school I had a sweet 1989 Isuzu trooper. The vehicle was stealth-like and modern, except the two side doors did not completely shut and my dog shat so many times in the back that rain, snow, or 20 below you always had to have at least one window cracked. This guy, the blogger, smoked cigarettes in my car at lunch break and belittled my car and then-small mountain home. He sprayed fabreez all over himself before going back to school. The whole episode was quite ritualistic, routine... "Dude, lets go smoke a cigarette!" I don't smoke and didn't then. He entered the Boulder "music scene" later and shot heroine because it was cheaper than cigarettes. Now, of the junk and tar, he will become a tax attourney and make more money than I ever dreamed. But I cannot help calling him my friend. We went to the J5 championships together. Thak and Thor. His mother was the first grown women I heard tell her son to "fuck off". All excellent for the 'ol development of JW. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

t,

your lyrics are so intense, i love reading them. they make me think that there's this whole history of yours that you've only touched on with me, i'd love to hear more, even if the sentiments behind the lyrics are painful or hateful, i'd love to hear it.