Monday, November 5, 2007

update of an old favorite... Autumn Shadows

Autumn Shadows

On broken wings and tired feet
Jealous hearts and lack of sleep
I am waiting for the other shoe to drop
A mind that’s always racing
Monologues that never stop
So many disorders I think I’ve lost count

In the shadows of October
But the months always change
I’ve spent my whole life searching
But I never found a thing
In the absence of autumn leaves
I forgot I was looking

I know, I know this won’t make sense
A broken promise about not mounting defense
I can only try so hard to find the words to say
How so quickly you mean everything
How so fast with you I lost control
Living my days in between shadows

Form across the room I sit in envy
Of your thoughts, your love, your touch, your kiss
Are you thinking of me?
Maybe I’d hate to know what you think of me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.